NXP brings industy’s first 40nm embedded secure element chip to mass production Monday, February 27, 2017
NXP Takes Broad Leadership in Security and NFC to Deliver New Secure Element Chip to Protect Private Data across Mobile and IoT Devices
NXP Semiconductors today unveiled its new PN80T embedded Secure Element (SE) and NFC solution. It is the Industry’s first 40nm SE and is designed to ease development and implementation of an extended range of secure applications for any platform including smartphones, wearables, and the Internet of Things (IoT). The innovative chip combines best-in-class RF performance, exceptional flexibility in NFC antenna design and state-of-the-art secure element performance, which results in fast transaction times and field updates – consequently leading to better end-user experiences.
Easy deployment of secure transaction services
Stepping up in features and enablement, PN80T unleashes business opportunities in many domains of security by:
- Offering OS updates independent from the TSM,
- the use of Loader Service, the enabler of simpler deployment of value added services, eliminating the burden of costly TSM for any business size,
- smooth and broad service deployment supporting MIFARE4Mobile®, a solution used to manage MIFARE® product-based services in NFC mobile devices, from over-the-air installation to end-user interaction,
- best performance and robustness against tearing events and durability through NXP combined design expertise in both hardware and software,
- offering a dedicated reference design and test bed to support R&D activities and development of wearables and applications using embedded eSE technology.
Read more in NXP’s official press release.